Summary of Community Protection Centers Project:
The Community Protection Centers project generally addresses the services of GBV & CP (Level 2.3 and 4 of the Intervention Pyramid) according to the revised guide lines approved by JCIA in 2015 for vulnerable individuals of local residents & IDP members of the target community.
The project aims to:
– raising awareness in the areas of protection, mental health, child protection and gender-based violence,
– Building the capacity of humanitarian workers in the field of protection,
– Building community capacity on the professional side,
– Psychosocial support for children,
– Developing the creative skills of adolescents,
– Provide specialized services in the field of child protection, gender-based violence and mental health.
The project’s activities were carried out in two locations: the first in Idlib, Jericho, Marzaf and the surrounding villages. And the second in the countryside of Damascus, the eastern Gouta besieged, Zemlka, which stopped the implementation of the project by the end of March 2018 because of the displacement that took place there to the population of northern Syria.
Project services include the implementation of several activities:
– Capacity building for community members (teachers, humanitarian workers, etc.) in the area of gender-based violence, child protection and protection.
– awareness raising activities targeting families, schools and places of assembly suitable for such activities, which include raising awareness about legal aid to civil documents, housing, land and property problems in the Syrian context, the psychological impact of crises on adults and children and how to deal with them; , Early marriage and awareness of gender-based violence.
– Case management services (child protection, gender-based violence)
– Counseling services and primary psychological assistance, referral to the psychiatrist or doctor mhgap or to other services required when needed, where is located within the center of Merzaf psychologist and doctor mhgap to provide the services of psychiatric treatment and medication.
– Psychosocial support (PSS): (leisure activities): life skills activities, storytelling, sports activities, group dynamics, singing, and activities of erosion. Which targets boys (girls) from 4 to 14 years old. Creative Thinking Sessions (Challenge Salt) for teens. Which aims to stimulate ideas and creative solutions among adolescents. The target group (boys and girls) will be 12 to 16 years old.
– Life skills (girls’ dreams): which aims to raise awareness of early marriage targeting girls between 13-18 years old.
- Professional Empowerment Exercises:
These include the following exercises:
1. Training in the skills of the first medical ambulance
2. Training on shaving men and hairdressers.
3. Training in sewing skill of women and men
4. Library: where a free place for reading, discussion and borrowing books.